Kindness



Kindness

What does it look like?
Where can we find it?
Why don't we focus on it?

In a world that is confusing and often times sensationalized to make unkindness look like the norm; I'm planning on focusing my #sol16 on looking for kindness. I want to focus on everyday acts of kindness that I notice in my day to day life.  I want to notice the little things.  The daily things that people do to make this world a better place.

I know there are many many bad things happening every day in the world, in this country, in my state and in my town but maybe by focusing on the kindness we see we can slowly chip away at the anger that seems to penetrate our lives everyday. When we see people as people then we will be able to see the good in everyone.

Let's get to kindness.

Comments

  1. I love that you've given a focus to your slices for the month. I look forward to seeing more kindness in the world through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping everyone will notice small acts of kindness in their everyday life.

      Delete
  2. I love that you are talking about kindness! My students just used this quote, "Always be a little kinder than necessary" for their night write! Like Susan said above, I love that there is a theme in your posts! Can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea! I think that I will have to look for some of those. When I do, I'll think of you! Thanks for the reminder that there is always room for kindness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think that one act at a time we can start changing the tone of our everyday lives.

      Delete
  4. Such a positive attitude - and kindness is certainly something we feel sorely lacking everywhere these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tara! We can't change the tone until we change the focus.

      Delete
  5. I love that you have a theme to focus on, and what a great theme it is! I can't wait to read about the kindness you find this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT idea! I will have to make this is daily read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Teaching For Deeper Reading Reflection 1

Summer Possibilities

PB 10 for 10