Love/Hate relationship with blogging

I love and hate blogging.  I love writing a post that I feel great about and sharing it.  I also hate blogging, well not blogging, writing.  Writing makes you vulnerable and puts you out there in a way you otherwise wouldn't.  My friends Mandy, Deb, Cathy and Karen have been gently shoving me to write more. Then this post from Karen Szymusiak popped up the day after the most recent bout of shoving.

Karen so eloquently describes the way in which powerful things are not perfect.  Go read her post, it's brilliant.  This got me thinking all about the shoving and the blogging.  So here I am writing my first post in a very long time.  It's not perfect or powerful but it's here and that's better than I did yesterday.

Maybe I'll see you again tomorrow.




Comments

  1. It's great you took the gentle nudging and got some words out there today to ease back into blogging. I can't wait to read more not perfect and not powerful but heartfelt writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a little more than gentle nudging ;-)I was nervous about it but just decided it was going to be done. Thanks for constantly pushing me.

      Delete
  2. Nicole,
    I was so excited to see you back in your space. You have much to share. I look forward to once again reading your words. You are right, writing makes us vulnerable but it also teaches much along the way.

    Like you, I loved Karen's post. It gives us permission to step gently into new places.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Teaching For Deeper Reading Reflection 1

Summer Possibilities

PB 10 for 10