Hooray for Hat! By Brian Won

Shew...it's dusty in here.  It's been almost a year since my last post.  A lot of things happen in a year...but that's not why we're here.  Mandy more than gently nudged me this morning to write a post about a book I bought.  Let's just say she brought out her mom voice.  So here I am, I came straight home to write an "8 second" blog about this book.  Thanks for the shove Mandy!

Now on to business..

HOORAY FOR HAT! By Brian Won


I picked up this book this morning at Cover to Cover.  We had a blogger breakfast and then the traditional shopping trip.  I didn't buy all of the books I wanted but I did get this little gem.

First graders get grumpy and when they do they often don't know how to deal with it.  They also don't know what to do when their friends get grumpy.  The story starts with Elephant who hears the doorbell ring and he's very grumpy about it.  There was a present outside Elephant's door which immediately turned his day around.  All of the animals in this story are grumpy (I'm not sure what's going on in their community) and cheer up when greeted with kindness.

After reading this book I immediate thought of the beginning of the school year when we are building a community and learning about each other.  This book will be a great place to start our discussion on kindness and friendship.  My first graders will love the vivid colors, the large and uncluttered text and the happy ending.  This book just makes you feel good, I can't wait to share it with my kids.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Possibilities

DIY Literacy Reflection 1 #cyberPD

PB 10 for 10