Summer Professional Reading

It's that time of year again...when the school year is winding down and my brain is reeling with ideas for thinking and learning over the summer.  I've got a book stack that keeps growing.  Next year I'll be teaching first grade so I need to tweak my thinking as I'm learning new things.  Some of these books I've read and some are new. 

Cathy Mere, Jill Fisch and Laura Komos hosted #cyberPD last summer where we read Conferring: The Keystone of Reader's Workshop with several other people.  The conversations and learning were amazing so of course I'm on board to do it again this summer. 

Here is my TBR professional book list (rereads and new reads)

 

So there it is... the impossible list of books for me to read this summer.  What does your stack look like?  Should I add take away anything?

Comments

  1. I plan on reading Talk About Understanding, Pathways, and Opening Minds this summer. Ellin Keene will be in my district 2 days in August working with us and talking about her book, so I'm very excited about that. Most of my professional reading, though, will be books about coaching.

    Your stack looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book list - some of these are really good. I can't wait to get started with #cyberPD this summer. So glad that you will be joining us again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    You have a lot of great books. I notice we have several of the same titles in our stack. I think we are going to have to get together a few times over the summer to chat about all we are learning.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get together over the summer to talk about our learning. Im glad we have a lot of the same books.

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading Of Primary Importance too. You also might like About the Authors by Katie Wood Ray. It's great for teaching writing to K and 1st. Good luck. I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Teaching For Deeper Reading Reflection 1

Summer Possibilities

PB 10 for 10