Things I like...

Today I don't feel well so for my slice I'm going to list some random things I like. I always thing that if you feel terrible thinking of positive lovely things will make you feel better.

1. The first Daffodils and Tulips in the spring.
2. The smell of a fire in the fireplace.
3. Children laughing.
4. Telling a student "I don't know but let's find out together."
5. My dogs waggy tail.
6. Anything by Janet Jackson..we've all got our guilty pleasure. :-)
7. Reading a really great book all the way through without stopping.
8. Sunshine
9. Anything Chris makes for dinner.
10. Learning new things.
11. My mom's chili
12. Babies with giant bows in their hair.
13. Cold pillows
14. Discovering new picture books
15. The waves crashing against the beach.
16. Sunsets
17. The blackest nights when millions of stars are visible.
18. Brownies
19. Laughing
20. Finding the perfect gift for someone.
21. Sitting on our deck in the evening.
22. New adventures
23. Anything to do with NYC
24. Watching the NY Yankees play at home while eating a Nathan's hotdog.
25. My sister doing my hair.
26. Having a mani/pedi
27. Waking up with no alarm.
28. Driving with the windows down
29. Hanging with the girls
30. Hugs

Comments

  1. So many great memories stirred up here. And you're right, it's good to stay positive when you feel lousy. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make one of these lists. I have to do job interviews on Thursday and I am super nervous-- maybe this would calm me down! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have so much in common. So few black nights with starts in the city, I relish them when I can. Cold pillows for sure. This is a great idea for a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly agree with: "Babies with giant bows in their hair and Telling a student "I don't know but let's find out together." FEEL BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6 cracked me up- I love the brutal honesty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is your version of Raindrops on roses . . . a few of my favorite things. Great idea! Discovering new picture books, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this list idea! I love chilled pillows too, but just realized that now! My favorite: Telling a student "I don't know, but let's find out together." That says so much about you! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole,
    Let me try this again. I can just hear you saying, "I don't know. Let's try to figure it out together." Love that you are a Janet fan. I guess I'll know what music to play the next time we are all hanging out. Making a list was a great idea. So many nuggets for writing hidden within. Hope you're feeling better.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post just made me smile. A lot. I might use it as a mentor text for one of my upcoming posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Possibilities

DIY Literacy Reflection 1 #cyberPD

PB 10 for 10