Comments

Ruth convinced me to start this project at the Dublin Literacy Conference. She talked about how she is driven to keep writing because of the feedback she gets from comments. I thought about this, and I do love getting comments but I didn't think it drove my writing.

After starting this project I realized how much the comments on each post mean to me. I can't wait to hear what others think about want I decided to share that day. The comments that challenge or extend my thinking are my favorite. I also like hearing how others relate to my stories or have something similar at has happened to them. All in all Ruth was right, the comments do drive me to continue writing even on days like today when I don't feel like I have much to say.

So thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read and comment on my writing. It's always a work in progress but you keep me going.

Comments

  1. I think what you are saying here is really important. I too, have written about how much the comments mean to me. I think down deep we all thrive on our connections to others. For me, it is definitely a need for approval. It is hard to admit it, but it is true, I want everyone to like me and my writing.:-) Sounds juvenile, but it is true. I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blogging. The comments do give fuel to the writing. I tell this to my teachers as a lesson - we must be giving positive comments to our students in regards to their learning. Keep posting. :)
    MH at Booksavors.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Teaching For Deeper Reading Reflection 1

Summer Possibilities

PB 10 for 10