Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love Mo Willems.  Everything the man writes is amazing.  I love him because he connects with my kids is a way that few authors can.  He's funny yet he always leaves us thinking. 

Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator  is another gem from Mo Willems.  In this story, Amanda's best friend is her stuffed alligator.  They have a very sweet friendship based on trust and respect.  Alligator trusts that Amanda will always be there for him, she'll come home ad always have a surprise for him.  One day Amanda's surprise isn't quite what he expected.  He realizes that sometimes things are better than you expect. I love how this friendship evolves. 

In kindergarten we talk a lot about what it means to be friends.  Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator is a great story about friendship and trust. 

Comments

  1. I just read this recently and loved it, too. Mo Willems is brilliant. I took my oldest son to see Knufflebunny the musical and it was fun. We still sing out "Aggle, flaggle, klabble" here and there. I love that Amanda is always reading in this book. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Possibilities

DIY Literacy Reflection 1 #cyberPD

PB 10 for 10