Press Here

A week or so ago Mary Lee at A Year of Reading reviewed the book Press Here by Herve Tullet.  I was immediately drawn to the book and the imagining it inspired.  I ordered the book with some Boarders gift cards that needed to be used up and I was more impressed in person.  Each page has a task "causes" a reaction on the next page.  I found myself getting excited to see what would happen to the dots next.  The text is simple but the creativity is powerful.  I can't wait to see my kindergartners faces as the pages change.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tip, Nicole! Just added it to my Amazon cart. I can just picture my first graders reading it with their friends!
    ~Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this book so much fun?!?!?

    For my older kids (4th grade) I'm thinking of using it to explore: The power of reading... or Reading Makes Things Happen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, you will love this book!

    Mary Lee, I love this book! I read it three times immediately. I love that books I introduce in K are used to deepen thinking on through the grade levels. I think picture books are highly underrated for the older kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOTTA HAVE THIS! Love your idea Mary Lee THE Power of Reading- Reading Makes things Happen! So glad I found this and so sorry I messed it before!
    ~deb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Possibilities

DIY Literacy Reflection 1 #cyberPD

PB 10 for 10