Books for students and my learning

We have a discount store around here called Ollie's.  They have a hodge podge of things including brand new books.  The first time I went here I had no expectation of finding quality literature but was soon surprised by what I saw.  I've never paid more than $3.99 for a book and often leave without buying everything I really want.  This picture is from the trip I made today.  The authors include Thomas, Cronin, Carle, Gravett, Clements and many more.  In the past I've also bought books by Kevin Henkes and Peter H. Reynolds here.  It takes some work to search through the stacks but when you come out with gems like this, it's well worth it.  Look for my thoughts on these books to come.

I also have a stack of the professional books that I plan on reading this summer.  This is the only time I feel like I have a chance to read and appropriately absorb what I need to from these brilliant people.  First on my list is Jan Anderson's The Next Steps in Guided Reading.  I've heard great things and can't wait to dive in.  Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow and I can take my book outside.

What are your reading plans for the summer?

Comments

  1. Is there an Ollie's in Columbus? I have never heard of it but it sounds like you found some great stuff! I hate to miss a resource for Bargain Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there are actually two. One on Cleveland Ave and one on South High St. I bought these book while visiting my parents in KY but the quality seems to be consistent across stores. The books are perfect except for a minor bend or tear in the book jackets. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Teaching For Deeper Reading Reflection 1

Summer Possibilities

PB 10 for 10