Cat Secrets

I think I heard about the book Cat Secrets by Jef Czekaj this weekend at the Dublin Literacy Conference.  I borrowed it from the library this week and I love it.  The pictures are simple and all dialog is in speech bubbles.  Three cats have found a book called Cat Secrets and they want to share but first they have to make sure that everyone reading is a cat.  The story has the audience practicing all sorts of cat activities like purring and stretching to make sure only cats are listening.  The cats are humorous and the story ends with a cute twist.  I'm going to use this story as a mentor text for interactive writing and make a class book of a new "secrets".  We'll see what the kids brain storm.

Comments

  1. Nicole,
    Thanks for reminding me to check out this title. I think my students would enjoy it.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Teaching For Deeper Reading Reflection 1

Summer Possibilities

PB 10 for 10