Dublin Literacy Conference

Yesterday, I got to spend the day with some brilliant teachers learning at the Dublin Literacy Conference. I was thrilled to meet several of the teachers who's blogs I follow regularly. If you want to know more about using technology during readers workshop, check out Franki Sibberson's blog at A Year of Reading.  I also got to hear Cathy Mere and Katie DiCesare talk about better using read alouds in the classroom.  You can find their presentation here.  Both of these ladies teach first grade so it was easy to see how I can use these ideas in kindergarten.  If you have not checked out their blogs you need to do so.

I always leave sessions such as these knowing I still have a lot to learn but thankful that I have to opportunity to learn from experienced teachers.  I'm also thankful that these teachers are willing to share their ideas and methods that work. 

I ended my day in a session with Amy Krouse Rosenthal.  I have long loved her books but I was unaware of all of the other work she has done.  She is a person "who makes things".  I don't know that I've ever met someone more creative and smart.  She was the kind of person you leave wanting to be her friend.  She has given me several ideas I can use in the classroom,  I'll share after I see how they go.  Please check out her videos online...she is brilliant.

Overall yesterday was a great day of learning and getting great ideas.  I know it's nerdy but I LOVE great professional development.

Comments

  1. Nicole,
    Dublin Literacy Conference is always one of my favorites. It is close, reasonably priced, and there are always so many great sessions. I'm glad you could join us.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Possibilities

DIY Literacy Reflection 1 #cyberPD

PB 10 for 10